Read that book, wake up early in the morning and go for that run to start off your day. Buy the nicest underwear and wear it to boost your mood. Eat as clean as possible because you’ll feel so much better but treat yourself as well. Be kind to everyone. Go out to a cafe and watch people walk buy as you sip your coffee. Compliment that stranger! Start a conversation with that person on the bus. Read a book about food, about astronomy, learn a new language. Watch the sunrise. Get away for a weekend. Introduce yourself. Do yoga and go on a hike. Lay on the beach under the stars and have a dnm with your best friend. Dance around and sing at the top of yours lungs at that festival. Life is meant to be lived, not controlled.
I am no expert on love, but I have a few suggestions to keeping your love alive.
Don’t fall asleep angry. But if you do, wake up in the middle of the night and hold her as close as you can.
Laugh during sex, especially if you bump heads. If you aren’t laughing, you’re with the wrong person.
If you don’t feel comfortable dancing naked with your partner and showing them your four chins when you laugh, you’re doing it wrong.
Romance isn’t for everyone, but a post-it note in their lunchbox telling them they’re the best will never go amiss.
Don’t cling to them at parties. Dance with friends and spend time with acquaintances, but wink at each other across the room.
Keep everything 50/50, or you will fall out of balance.
Stop comparing your relationship to others- you are you, don’t try to be someone else.
Be kind. Give them space when they need it, but be their home when they come back.
Be proud to love them.
Support them through whatever they do in life, even if it’s a stupid decision. People need to make their own mistakes, but be there if it falls apart, and never say ‘I told you so’.
And most of all, love with your whole heart, or don’t love at all.
1. Not everyone who kisses you will leave a good taste in your mouth. Not everyone will know what to say when the quiet thunder of your heartbeat settles down. Sometimes there will only be silence.
2. Hands will touch you like broken skies with empty galaxies waiting in their palms. You will bleed. You will forget how to sing.
3. The worst ones will turn you into clay. They will carve along your spine until you don’t know how to stand without them. This won’t end well.
4. It’s okay, I will still be here. I will still love you. You will still heal.
5. When the poetry sounds like sobbing, when you fall in love with the madness of it all, stop writing. The words will come again one day. They always do.
6. You are going to hurt people, and you will want to peel off your skin because of it and stomp on the ground until it swallows you whole. Your feet will get tired eventually. You will realize how boring it gets hating yourself, and you will learn to stop.
7. If you wake up in the middle of the night with a portraits painted across your skull, get up. Pick up your pencils, and start sketching. The faces we meet in dreams don’t always come back to us.
8. You might tell me one day that you want to be just like me when you grow up. And it is for this reason that I stopped clawing at my own skin. It is for this reason that I stopped writing love letters to my monsters.
9. I can’t promise the world won’t bare its teeth to you. But there will also be people who taste like forgiveness, and you will learn to let them love you.
10. There will be a happy ending. Maybe someone will be there with you, maybe it will be you learning to love yourself. Either way, it will be happy. And that’s all I ever wanted for you.